Medical emergencies happen so quickly that it becomes clear how important medical supplies are and how important it is to have a stockpile of important items. Here are the top 10 medical supplies that you need to stockpile before it’s too late:
What are the 10 Medical Supplies you need?
- First-aid kit: A well-stocked first-aid kit can help you respond effectively to common injuries and emergencies. Keep at least one first-aid kit in your home and one in your car. Store your kits someplace easy to get to and out of the reach of young children .
- Masks: Masks have become a part of our daily lives during the pandemic. It is important to stockpile masks for the whole family, including N95 masks, surgical masks, and cloth masks.
- Gloves: Gloves are also an important part of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the pandemic. Stockpile gloves for the whole family, including disposable gloves and reusable gloves.
- Thermometer: A thermometer is an important tool to monitor body temperature, which can indicate whether someone has a fever. It is important to have a reliable thermometer at home.
- Hand sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is an important tool to keep hands clean when soap and water are not available. Stockpile hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Disinfectants: Disinfectants are important to keep surfaces clean and free from germs. Stockpile disinfectants like bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol.
- Prescription medications: If you or your family members are on prescription medications, it is important to have a stockpile of at least a month’s supply.
- Over-the-counter medications: Stockpile over-the-counter medications like pain relievers, cough and cold medicines, and allergy medicines.
- Vitamins and supplements: Vitamins and supplements can help boost the immune system and keep the body healthy. Stockpile vitamins like Vitamin C, D, and Zinc.
- UV light: UV light has been proven to kill bacteria, viruses, mold, mildew, and even fungi. Black lights, of the kind that are used for making posters glow in the dark, at 320 to 350 nanometers, so can be used to provide this UV light .
In addition to the medical supplies listed above, This eBook Home Doctor can be a great resource for emergency home remedies. With the supplies you have on hand, you can include tips on how to treat common illnesses and injuries. You can also provide information on how to use medical supplies effectively and safely.